Monday, June 4, 2007

so i finished college...

I've been a prize-winning graduate of a fully accredited collegiate institution for over a week, and I haven't done anything particularly notable. I've mulled over the troubling implications of flipping between "the biggest loser", a weight-loss reality TV show, and "barefoot contessa", a sickeningly heavy-on-the-butter show on the food network. I've begun to compile a master book-list, for the television-less time in the near future when I will once again be an independent woman, no longer suckling from the parental teat of full refrigerators and cable television. I've been listening to This American Life while playing tetris.

so that's my life, and this is the aforementioned book list.

David Foster Wallace A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll never do Again
Umberto Eco How to Travel with a Salmon and other stories
Amy Hempel Collected Stories
Matthew Derby Super Flat Times
Ben Marcus The Age of Wire and String
John Fante Ask the Dust
Miranda July Nobody Belongs Here More than You
Dave Eggers What is the What
Gary Lutz Stories in the Worst Way
David Ohle Motorman
Raymond Carver Where I'm Calling From: Selected Stories
Grace Paley The Collected Stories
Sarah Vowell Assassination Vacation
John Hodgman My Areas of Expertise


So there. I've got a blog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not a blog. It's a WEBlog. you know...like WebMD.

Or Webster's Dictionary.

In any event....my twin sister is now a fully fledged blogger. And, concurrently, In an unanticipatedly rapid victory of Cooler Twin Award, my award speech is still a little unprepared. I'd like to thank Vaclav Havel, and, Hillary Clinton, you're support has been breathtaking. Thank you.

akahn said...

You mean What is the What.

Joe said...

I also have a blog and I'm adding you to my "blogroll". Tell me what you think of... well, most of those books, but 'specially Grace Paley (who I teach) and Mista Foster Wallace.

Joe said...

Ooh, and tell me if you get through The Age of Wire and String... I'd start with Notable American Women, m'self.