Monday, August 4, 2008

my new old favorite food: the zucchini



Today I would like to speak of my current favorite vegetable, the Zucchini. Not simply delicious, but delightfully nutritious (see chart), I would like to share my favorite preparations for this charming vegetable.

1. Sneak them into pancakes. No one else will like them, but I think they are really really really really tasty.
2. steam them until they're about to fall apart and then dip them in a mixture of nutritional yeast and mustard. it helps if they're heavily salted before you steam them. also, my version of steaming is more like boiling, since i'm never quite sure where the steamer basket is.
3. grated and tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
4. in ratatouille, along with over-cooked eggplant, another old favorite.
5. not with cheese, i always thought that was totally gross.

I'm leaving for Europe in //\\//THA-REE\\//\\ days!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW, gunna have such a crazy good time and overdraw my bank account. here is my packing list:

-toothbrush and paste
-hair tie and brush
-2 pairs of socks
-4 pairs of underwear
-3 tshirts and 1 tanktop (or similar combination)
-1 pair shorts
-1 pair pants
-1 sweatshirt or cardigan
-1 flannel shirt
-1 pair earplugs
-1 summer dress
-1 sleeping bag
-1 book (to be traded unpon completion for another english book)
-trillions of dollars, worth nothing at all in europe

later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1 Trillion Dollars. Enough to buy exactly 1 gallon of gas in Europe.