Monday, May 7, 2012

I'd been planning on moving to Portland for graduate school on August 1st, but everything happened really quickly and now I'm moving in three weeks, on June 1st. Nadia and Drummer were looking for a roommate, and the rent is $400, so that's that.

It felt odd to make that decision these last few days. Adam died earlier this week and it really shook me up in a lot of ways. It brought up a lot of stuff about my mom and about Annie, but beyond all that, it really shook me to the core that he's gone. Trying to focus on other things has felt really trivial and silly, and I haven't really wanted to hang out with anyone...not that that is particularly unusual for me, but it's felt very clear this week. Perhaps that clarity helped me make up my mind easier? Whatever it was, i just want to be out of here already, even if it's just to come back and visit and have fun.

I'm working at Psychic Sister all afternoon, watching the sun out the window, listening to soul and country and drinking tea. Went for a longish run this morning and realized that i've gotten really out of shape.

Nothing too exciting here, except that I'm gunna have a yardsale sometime and also a going away party...and hopefully a welcoming party? maybe just a party of one, but whatevs.

No comments: