Tuesday, December 18, 2012

just some more thinking about myself

I've never dropped out of school. When I graduated highschool, I felt as if I had ripped the possibility of true rebellion from my sense of self. I didn't feel the same way about college, not really.

I've always thought of myself as sentimental. I like movies where people fall in love. I like books where the protagonist has a charming way of looking at the world. I love a ballad.

I know that I'm a bit of an idiot sometimes, that I get shy, that conflict totally freaks me out. I know that I like having fun in my way, that I like spending time by myself.


These are some things that feel really important this morning. They are things that don't feel very solid right now, truths that I'm calling into question, pieces of my identity that feel shiftier than normal.

New York on friday, thank god. I'm exhausted and my eyes and hips ache, but not in a sexy way, in a rickety old age sort of way.

No comments: