Tuesday, April 23, 2013

april

Today, I was sitting in a park downtown, reading next to a little fountain. A sparrow flew up and started splashing around in the fountain and I watched it for a moment, and noticed how tiny it was, and how its little feathers were all rumpled up from the water. I thought how nice it was that the sparrow was so small and so unafraid as to splash around so close to a human. It flew right by me, almost grazing my leg, up into the tree overhead. I continued to sit, reading. I heard a sound overhead. A hawk flew out of the tree with the sparrow in its claws and landed on the grass. It spread out its wing, so the sparrow was blocked from sight, and sat there for a moment, then it picked up the sparrow in its tallons and flew away. 

that felt really fucked up.

No comments: