Sunday, December 8, 2013

communal dreaming

On school trips, going uptown, I used to dream of owning a building with all of my friends. When I was older, maybe highschool and beyond, I still felt the same way. I dreamed of buying an entire city block and demolishing the fences between the gardens, building a shared courtyard between all the buildings. blocking off all the doors, growing our own food, watching our own movies, doing our own thing. It was a seriously separatist dream, before I had any conception of lesbian separatism, wing nut libertarians, artist colonies, all that shit. God, it's such a good fucking dream. I wish I could corral all the darlings from across the universe and squeeze them into the same city block-sized shared apartment and never miss anyone anymore. I'm so sick of missing people. It gets in the way of not missing people and that is a horrible truth to face. We could all quit our jobs and smile at each other and I'd cook everyone dinner for the rest of time.

No comments: