Friday, February 6, 2009

so I've been trying to find a consensus or mediation training workshop or skillshare. I'm sure there's something out there, but in the time being I've been having a really fun time doing internet research. I've stumbled across a few articles, journals and websites that deal with radical teaching. Here's an article on working towards a non-hierarchical classroom that I liked. Some of my favorite classes at Vassar were team taught, and I think that within an interdisciplinary major, that helped to complicate traditional classroom hierarchies. I'd like to read more about different ways of disrupting classroom dynamics and working with a more consensus-based structure.

Here is a website with a lot of writing on consensus and meeting structure

I'm still feeling weirdly homesick. This morning I spent 4 hours doing inventory at a toy store in exchange for free yoga classes. kind of awesome. I just spaced out and counted dinosaur puzzles and books about pirates and farm animal friends. I picked up a job application for this fancy bakery. I ate a lot of soy ice cream and caramel tonight and I feel so achey from it. Now I'm going to write a letter to Gina!

No comments: