Friday, April 27, 2012

nothing new!!!!!

I got my new email address for graduate school yesterday! immediately emailed nadia, the only person i know at PNCA. absolutely immediately.

So yeah, I've  been spending too much time dreaming about portland apartments and freaking out about how much money it'll cost to live there--probably need to gag on a chill pill and quit thinking so hard about it, cause I'm planning on taking out student loans so I don't have to work while I'm in school... and hopefully take this certificate program at the IPRC. Maximize my debt-time.

I just got back from California yesterday. Got to hang out with K-pup for a solid week of fun and sun. Went to a goth club in LA with Lizet and walked out to see a fire hydrant geysering water into the air higher than the surrounding buildings, bought some rad dudes playing cards in San Francisco and played dungeons and dragons with Blair and Jake in Berkeley. Those are just the highlights. I will BLOG my photos eventually. They are mostly of Kendra in front of different things that we saw.

You know how right before people move, they absolutely fall in love with their old home and start having serious doubts about the future? Well, it doesn't seem like that's going on for me. It's been really hard to not feel super checked out and totally done with life here. Maybe it's time to sit around a bonfire or go out to the bar more often or actually make out with someone. put some sizzle back into life. whatever. or just stick it out til I move on to a life of burying my greasy little head in some books and riding my soggy bike through the rain.

i've been pretty stoked on this lady, alice austen. she was a gay jock photographer and total ham who hung out with her girlfriends-- dressing up in drag, playing sports and taking photos in the late 1800s.

I have also been really into this book, mostly for the goofy lions and cool clock towers.

I got a new ring!



(hi ollie and kendra!!!! I think you're the only two people who read this, so I am updating just for you from now on! My dad told me a story about being in San Francisco and a bunch of hippies getting mad at him cause he was nervous about something and was harshing their high.)

No comments: